I personally feel that energy efficiency is our future. The less power we can run on the better off we are. However I hate paying taxes and I don’t want to pay higher ones, just like every other American. So if it is as cheap as the time article suggests then I am all for it. My only fear is that all the power lines will have to be replaced and it will cost billions of dollars that will slowly be deducted out of my pay check.
I got to this opinion on my own reasoning. When I drive up to Columbus from Charlotte, NC, I see power lines next to the road the whole way. The only way I feel we could really lose electricity is through the lack of perfect conductivity in the lines. I am just scared that all energy efficiency means is replacing all the lines. I’m not making enough in tips to pay for that.
I want my paper to inform others of my fear of the cost of energy efficiency but also at the same time promote the positives of it. I understand that there are some cheap things we could fix and I’m all for those. However, just because time magazine tells me it is cheap doesn’t mean that it’s really all that cheap.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment